Before you read, just bear in mind that this note is just my useless pondering and most probably holds no significance whatsoever. Anyway, a week ago I watched the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (which I wrote about in my previous note). So during my travelling home from work, I was curiously watching people out in the streets from the little bus window. Then this quote from the movie resonated inside my head:
“But life being what it is - a series of intersecting lives and incidents, out of anyone's control …”
It made me wonder how complex our life is. Every individual has multiple paths and decision to take, which intersects and affects others’ spectrum of life. A deed that may seem inconsequential may actually impact others significantly. Stopping for a quick caffeine fix may interconnect your path with someone whom you may get personally involved with, and that relationship will create another set of events and complications. And by not stopping at all, you may not get the opportunity to meet that someone, and your life will be therefore different and will affect others’ lives differently.
And to think that there are billions of human beings currently living on earth, each with their own paths that lead to different possibilities, and countless scenarios, is just mind blowing. I just feel that it would be fascinating to watch all the chain of life events unfold. This incredibly complex and grand network. Pity I may not know how my simple actions, be them positive or negative, alter others’ course of events. Oh well, I guess I’ll keep thinking I am more or less a passive and insignificant stretch of mortal time.
Laksmi’s out.
No comments:
Post a Comment